Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your best photo of the week ending July 17 2022

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, July 17 2022, post the best photo you have taken this week.
Any subject, any style and any equipment—just give us your best shot.
If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I'm really early this week!  Not that great, but I'm very happy to get the photo I got!  This one is 99% luck and 1% skill, I had the camera out in the yard to catch a butterfly or Humming Bird, I had taken some butterfly photos and laid the camera down on my shooting table when I caught sight of a Hawk fight almost right above me.  Grabbed the camera, hit the BBF button and shot.  I thought it might be horribly over exposed, but it was salvagable, less than a stop overexposed, and I only got one Hawk after the fight.

Nikon D750  Nikkor 80-200 f2.8 IF  D  ED @200mm 

1/800  f3.5  M320 spot metered

4vlW8d8l.jpg

Cropped loss of detail, but at least one can tell it's a Hawk, sorta like sniping at 200yds with a shotgun!

v89zAyll.jpg

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Even Underexposed, a real beauty.

1/100s, f/14, 3EV, Manual Exposure Mode with CWA Metering.

No secret, Reds are tough in digital photography. This was the best I could do in generating as close to natural beauty as possible on a day with harsh sunlight. Personally,

the more I study this image, the more beautiful it is. Hope all of you talented and gifted shooters enjoy. smile.png

Plse view large and many thanks for viewing.  

Tony

Attached Thumbnails

• K7_00838.JPG

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Another old building demolished, this one a petrol station. It started out as a Mobil station in 1967, sold to Norwegian Hydro in 1995 and then turned into one of the few manned St1 stations in 2009.

gallery_1251_819_158042.jpg

Model: NIKON Z fc

Lens: Nikon Z 16-50 kit lens
Lens (mm): 24
ISO: 100
Aperture: 7.1
Shutter: 1/50
Exp. Comp.: 0.0

g4aaw pete

g4aaw pete

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 1,756 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBirchington, North Kent Coast.

Site Supporter

Evening windfarm 

YLHyEAK.jpg

D800E

85mm

1/3

f5.6

ISO 1000