Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

P1000 HDMI no output

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

JohnTserkezis

JohnTserkezis

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

I've had a quick look around about this topic, and while there are many questions, most go unanswered.

I have a P1000 that after digging in the manual - I still think there are some more button pushes and knob twidling to do.

I've verified with a HDMI analyzer that there is intermittent 5v on the HDMI cable, but still no video.

Normal (internal) recording to the SD card works fine, but I can't get any HDMI output.

Can someone point me on the procedure to be followed to get anything out of the HDMI port?

Thanks in advance.

JohnTserkezis

JohnTserkezis

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Ha! I have an answer. (these steps only work for the P1000)

It took many questions, with no real answers, and a LOT of experimentation.

This is completely unintuative if you're a beginner, but relatively painless - follow these steps:

1. Unplug the HDMI cable. (You need to do this otherwise the next step won't work)

2. Menu > Spanner (setup) > HDMI > Clean HDMI

You need to turn this option ON.

3. Exit the menu.

4. Plug in your hdmi cable, and connect to a suitable monitor, recorder or whatever.

5. The internal camera display should go blank, and the external monitor (or recorder or whatever) will now show what the internal monitor would have shown.

6. Press the Display [DISP] button repeatedly till you get a clean display.

Done.