Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon DX90

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

serge74

serge74

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Dear all,

Long time ago I bought a NIKON DX90 with the default objective sell with it. Standard one.

Then after some time I get a Zoom Nikkon  AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm 4.5-5.6 G

I am a quite dummy in photo, I was using it mainly for doing sport shooting. No Art picture from that side.

I was wondering if that Camera and objectif is still a good one and I can continue a bit, or if I should resell it on the market ?

Any advise will be appreciate .

Regarsd

Serge

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,643 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The D90 is still good if ISO 1600 and 12 Megapixel are sufficient for your needs.

The kit lens is probably the 18-55 or the 18-105with the D90. They are both good, but not ideal with the 20 or 24 MP without a low-pass filter in a modern DX DSLR.

The 70-300 is still useful today, even on a modern sensor. It goes a bit soft over about 260 mm or so and the aperture doesn't quite let enough light in for sports, unless outdoors mid-day.