Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Single lens in July, take 2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,728 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

How about this challenge:
Shoot daily with a single lens the whole month.
It can be any lens you like or want to get to know better.

We did this last year with some stunning photos from all participants.
This year, I even remembered to start the challenge in time!

Please comment on the challenge, You will *not* be flamed for topicshift. I think the usual unwritten rule on unsolicited critique should stand, though. It is a simple one, just one word (or two). ”Don’t”

g4aaw pete

g4aaw pete

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBirchington, North Kent Coast.

Site Supporter

Thanks for the suggestion Peter - I shall have a go with a prime - perhaps a zoom would defeat the object of the exercise!

lightcapture

lightcapture

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNC

Thanks for the challenge. I'd be glad to participate in this after July 10. I'm on vacation before and what to shoot a variety of lenses. My go to prime is a 35mm and I used that mostly in my film days and w/ a fixed lens mirrorless as my only camera for 4 years so I feel comfortable with it. But I could go crazy and use my 24mm for the rest of the month as a change up. That may be interesting,

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 1,196 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Last year I used my Nikkor 20-35mm f2.8 D  ED on a D700 and used the entire spectrum of the lens and never felt like I was cheating.  The purpose is to get to know the lens, and that mission was accomplished, (though sometimes panting and wheezing toward the end).    

If we remind Peter in October, or someone else can open it, a ''Normal in November'' challenge where we use a 50mm (or equivalent for DX) lens for the month.  We did that two years ago, and if anything, it gave a new appreciation for the regular old 50mm focal length.  We should do that again this year. 

This year I'll probably use my Nikkor 80-200mm f2.8 D  ED and again use it's full spectrum of focal lengths and apertures and even push it to new heights in light capture, (yeah, I have a few things I want to try that this lens hasn't done yet and conventional wisdom says it shouldn't do-we shall see).  

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 8,728 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I want to put the 16-50 kit lens through its paces on the Z fc and see what I can do with this compact combo. 

Going for a Normalvember challenge again will be fun. Someone, please remins me in October.

fallout666

fallout666

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

I want to put the 16-50 kit lens through its paces on the Z fc and see what I can do with this compact combo. 

Going for a Normalvember challenge again will be fun. Someone, please remins me in October.

you know me i will only use one lens this season nothing good for me to shoot up-close. since sports photographer. so will be 120-300mm or unless hit china town in los angles. if do only 28-75mm being use for street and other photography