Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon Transfer 2 error messages, can't transfer

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

varavicky

varavicky

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Until I returned today from a short trip with a lot of new photos in my Nikon D4s and Df cameras, Nikon Transfer 2 was working properly. Now, with both cameras I'm getting one or other of these error messages repeatedly, especially #1

1. "Transfer failed because the destination folder could not be found."

and/or

2. ...there were no files to transfer because the preference of "Transfer new files only" was set."

- The destination folder set in Preferences has not been changed and if I browse to it once again and re-select the same folder, this still fails.

- There were  hundreds of new files to transfer and the Windows 10 computer date and camera date are synced.

I'm using Version 2.13.7.3000 of the transfer software in Windows 10 and there are no updates available. I installed an update to Nikon Picture Control Utility tonight after the problem appeared, which hasn't altered the problem. 

I was able to manually copy the files over using Windows Explorer outside Nikon Transfer 2--very tedious and slow compared to auto transfer, and in the case of the more than  519 raw files in the D4s, the operation failed partway through and had to be restarted after figuring out which files did not copy. 

The Df camera  only had 27 raw files but they also failed to transfer with Nikon Transfer 2.