Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon Z6II

focus issue

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

dabut101

dabut101

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi all i have recently purchased a nikon z6II and have updated firmware to 1.40 and using a Nikkor 200 500 lens with FTZII adapter and i cannot find how to activate eye tracking any help appreciated.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Set one of the human- or animal detect modes. It will work just like the ordinary Auto- or Wide area modes until it detects a face. It will then charge frame colour to yellow as it has changed to face detect. As soon as it detects the eye, the frame will shrink to the size of the eye and follow with this higher precision. It is no longer necessary to play around with the a4 settings unike the single-EXPEED bodies.

dabut101

dabut101

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Set one of the human- or animal detect modes. It will work just like the ordinary Auto- or Wide area modes until it detects a face. It will then charge frame colour to yellow as it has changed to face detect. As soon as it detects the eye, the frame will shrink to the size of the eye and follow with this higher precision. It is no longer necessary to play around with the a4 settings unike the single-EXPEED bodies.

Will give that a go and thanks for reply 

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

give tip go into menu and find eye af turn it on. now give tip when i use eye af on my Z6 it hit or miss. 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

give tip go into menu and find eye af turn it on. now give tip when i use eye af on my Z6 it hit or miss. 

There is no longer any separate setting for eye af in the Z6II. It is now automatically on in the face detect modes.