Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Migrating: d850 -> Z9

z9 exposure meter help request basic questions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

JerryandLois

JerryandLois

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello all,

I'm new to this forum, new to the Z9, but have used Nikon DSLRs since about 1999 with the original D1.

Received my Z9, trying to migrate my brains and experience from my d850 and D4s.

Just one question for the moment:  How do I change my exposure metering from Matrix to Center to Spot?  All prior cameras had a dedicated button somewhere on the top of the camera body, and switching meant pushing on this button and using a command dial.  Simple, easy to find, fast.

Nothing like that that I can find.  The extensive manual describes each of these functions, but doesn't say HOW.

When I am shooting stage performance/concerts, I constantly switch modes depending on all sorts of reasons, and need to be able to do this with a button and command dial, quickly.

If I have to assign this to a function button, can you please fill in the blanks for me (in really simple baby steps)?  I rarely used function buttons in the past.  I totally get their purpose, but just need to see the steps involved, if that's what's required here.

Thank you in advance!
Jerry

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: z9, exposure meter, help request, basic questions