Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D90 Sluggish Shutter - Strange Behavior

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

RESEARCHER

RESEARCHER

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi Gang

I'm a 73 year old with a Nikon D90 which I've owned since 2008. With only 20K clicks its beginning to behave abnormally: the viewfinder appears darker than usual, I can't get the auto-focus to function properly thus the shutter won't release. But when it did function, it would hang up or behave sluggishly. I've tried 3 different lenses with all the same result. I've lightly cleaned and lightly lubricated mechanisms. I've also tried factory reset (pressing the two Green Buttons simultaneously) with no improvement. As a result I'm looking around for another used D90 body.

Any Other Ideas?

Thank You!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Why limit yourself to the D90? A D7200 is much easier to find in good condition. The newer camera has a much higher dynamic range and is much better in low light.