Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Excessive reds when shooting with D7000

d7000 red reds magenta magentas excessive tinge

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

BigPhil

BigPhil

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hi!

When shooting with my D7000 (usually use a Nikkor 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5g ed vr), I am having to manually remove reds and magentas in post, after each studio shoot. It is particularly noticable in the subject's skin. I do a grey card white balance before each shoot and exposure are correct etc. Is there something I'm missing, or does the D7000 just produce a red tinge? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

What software do you use? 
 What picture control do you use, if your raw converter supports them?

Have you tried another raw converter?

Could you show us a problem file?

Ellinor William

Ellinor William

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Country Flag

Actually, yes, vivid mode does require more care when shooting red in sunlight. Essentially you are boosting the red channel artificially. 

Perhaps the best way to deal with this, is to shoot in RAW -- and worry about post-processing using a raw converter like Lightroom, capture NX, camera-raw, or Aperture. I shoot 100% in raw because I don't want to deal with stuff like this in the field.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d7000, red, reds, magenta, magentas, excessive, tinge