Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Coolpix P1000 out of focus.when shutter activates.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Nik9134

Nik9134

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
Having focus issues with Coolpix P1000.Whether at 24mm or 400mm on tripod or handheld .with Vr on or off.Manual or Auto focus.self timer or wired remote shutter release.Half press the shutter button lens focus nice and sharp full press shutter actuated and preview displays out of focus photo capture.Any others had this experience with the P1000 ?

Striker

Striker

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I just received my P1000 today and if I was zoomed out a bit and pushed the shutter button down half way, the camera would focus and then come back out of focus and stay there.  I couldn't figure out that problem but had a second one. 

It was easier to hold the camera against my body to stabilize it and angle the display upwards to see it.  Whenever I put it close to my body, it would shift to the viewfinder display.  I google how to shut off the sensor for the viewfinder and that fixed my auto focus problem.  I can now zoom in and hold the shutter button half way down and it will focus and it also won't shut the display off when I hold it against my body.

If you search youtube.. 'Nikon P1000: Enable/Disable Viewfinder Sensor (EVF auto toggle)' , you can see how to turn the viewfinder sensor off.

If you go menu, wrench, scroll to 'evf auto toggle' and turn it off, that fixed the auto focus zooming into focus and then backing out of focus on its own and now remains in focus when pushed half way.