Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Florida

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

RustyNickles

RustyNickles

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I was recently given a D100 and plan to start using it.  I've been an amateur photog for around 50 years, my first camera was a Pentax Spotomatic bought new in the late 1960s which I used for the rest of that century. My switch to digital was made with Kodak Z612, a nice little digital zoom that took amazingly sharp photos and had an IS system that could freeze passing scenes at 40mph if the light was good. My nephew let me use his D3300 and I got the bug for another SLR.  Although I really like Nikons, I purchased Canon because it was feature comparable and would use my M42 mount lenses.  Now I have become the owner of classic Nikon D100,  No Nikon lenses yet, but. owning a couple of Adaptall lenses, I  quickly picked up an adaptall to Nikon adapter, which doesn't seem to allow infinity focus.  I'm not sure if it's the D100 or the particular type adapter - not a great number of adaptall adapters available for Nikon.

That's my story, when I get the D100 up and running, I'll post a photo or two.

I like old lenses and have a few Takumar, Adaptall, and an old Hanimex in my bag.

g4aaw pete

g4aaw pete

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,756 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBirchington, North Kent Coast.

Site Supporter

Hello & welcome.

You mention 'adaptall' lenses, would this be the original type or the type 2?

I've collected a few Tamron adaptall lenses & got the associated adapters for Nikon.

All seem to achieve infinity on either of my Nikon cameras. I wonder if you refer to a different type of adapter?

Alternatively, you may be referring to an M42 to Nikon adapter.

Those without a lens in the body of the adapter do exhibit the problem you describe - or so I've read.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

where about in FL i live in brevard county in Melbourne area. if free on Thursday will be at eastern Florida college Melbourne campus for softball game. since me and my camera buddy shoot softball to share with players do the same for soccer volleyball too. also all sports free to watch

RustyNickles

RustyNickles

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello & welcome.

You mention 'adaptall' lenses, would this be the original type or the type 2?

I've collected a few Tamron adaptall lenses & got the associated adapters for Nikon.

All seem to achieve infinity on either of my Nikon cameras. I wonder if you refer to a different type of adapter?

Alternatively, you may be referring to an M42 to Nikon adapter.

Those without a lens in the body of the adapter do exhibit the problem you describe - or so I've read.

Hello, 

The lenses are adaptall 2.  I purchased a pretty cheap adapter because I was hesitant to invest too much in another system.  My eyes aren't very good these days and the pentaprism in the D100 is not the brightest, so I couldn't tell for certain.  I still had no battery charger and couldn't snap photos for evaluation.  I decided to pass the camera along to a friend that could use it.

I use my old Tamron and M42 lenses with my Canon cameras.  I don't think vintage glass should be used when the adapter has to have a correction lens to get focus - defeats the point of going with vintage.

where about in FL i live in brevard county in Melbourne area. if free on Thursday will be at eastern Florida college Melbourne campus for softball game. since me and my camera buddy shoot softball to share with players do the same for soccer volleyball too. also all sports free to watch

Hello,

That sounds wonderful, but I'm in NW Fl.  Thanks anyway, that sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I will probably be dropping out of this forum, I decided not to keep the D100. Best of luck to you.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

okay