Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Taking video with a D5300

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PhilipAC

PhilipAC

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi everyone

I hope this all works because this is my first post!

I am trying to take a 60 minute video with my D5300. The SD card in the camera is amply large enough, but even at the lower resolution in settings it appears to only allow me to take 30 minutes at one go. Is there any way I can extend this to 60 minutes please, so I can just set it off and go and do something else?

Thanks in anticipation

Philip

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The 30 minute cap is there to avoid getting the camera taxed as a video recording device. AFAIK, there is no way around it with any Nikon.

https://www.borrowle...d-dslr-cameras/

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

if want to do video you need Z6 or Z7 or Z6/Z7 II or new Z9. best option is used Z6 or Z6 II for video. they only add that feature to get people buy the camera. and only mirrorless body's best for video 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

if want to do video you need Z6 or Z7 or Z6/Z7 II or new Z9. best option is used Z6 or Z6 II for video. they only add that feature to get people buy the camera. and only mirrorless body's best for video 

Chris, the 29 minute and 59 seconds limit this thread is about still applies with the Z6. You still need an external recorder, a camcorder or some bodies from Sony or Panasonic to record for longer.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

Chris, the 29 minute and 59 seconds limit this thread is about still applies with the Z6. You still need an external recorder, a camcorder or some bodies from Sony or Panasonic to record for longer.

i was post what are best camera for doing video with nikon did not know about part you said.