Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Auto Upload Photos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

iconi95

iconi95

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello!
So far my workflow was: I take photos for my clients, then I transfer the photos from the SD card to a computer, which is connected to a local network and this allows me to have access from the other 2 computers as well.

Now my question is: What are my options so that my carmera automatically sends the photos to this closed local network. The camera is D7500 (has built in wi-fi).

PS: The problem is that the way this built in wi-fi works is: the camera creates its own network, which means if I connect my main PC, I instantly loose connection to the other PCs. With other words I cant be connected to 2 networks at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong.

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

If your computer has two network adapters, you could connect to both networks at the same time- i.e. one wired and one wireless, or both wireless.

However, a better solution in this case might be to use NX tether, which can easily push your photos to your computer: NX Tether | Software

iconi95

iconi95

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Thank you for the answer, Adam!

I guess I will have to use a computer with two network adapters, because the NX Tether works with the built-in wifi adapter of the Z9 model camera only. Which leads me to the question what is the difference between the built-in wifi of D7500 and lets say and Z9?! It doesnt make sense to me.

The other option is to buy one of the Nikon's Wireles Transmiter devices, which may cost up to 900$.