Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

NX Studio Troubleshooting

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

deejay2007

deejay2007

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

I was using NX studio to process RAW files from my D7500 and was quite happy with the results. But suddenly after processing some photographs, upon selecting an image for processing, it started coming all white (check attachment). Upon doing some adjustments, looks like the photograph is being shown as highly overexposed and bright. Uninstaled and reinstalled the software as well but same results. 

Anyone else faced the same issue and found out a way to overcome it. Any help would be appreciated.

NX studio trouble.JPG

gaetan

gaetan

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I am having almost the same problem; instead of becoming white, the screen turns black. I recently upgraded to version 1.1.1 on my mac mini and everything worked well.but since yesterday,  trouble started. Uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Can anyone help?

acarnack

acarnack

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

deejay2007, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday on my Win10 machine.  I checked all the settings in the software to make sure they were set to default or original and it didn't help.  I, like you uninstalled the software and then reinstalled but it made no difference.  I can open the photos in other programs without a problem, but have been using Nikon software for a while and would like to continue using it.  I sent an email to Nikon support so I'll post back if I find a solution

deejay2007

deejay2007

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

it got fixed by itself. I just restarted the machine. didnt work on the software for 1 day and cleared up some space on my hard disk. 

Its been working fine since. Couldnt figure out why it happened all of a sudden and  cant say it will occur again.

gaetan

gaetan

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it.The problem persists.

acarnack

acarnack

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I thought I posted this earlier but maybe not.  I was having the same problem with NXStudio and tried the same things you have tried.  Having a tech background I realized when you uninstall some pieces of software they often do not remove everything.  So somehow, a setting is being retained even though you uninstalled it.  My solution was to uninstall the software, then go through the files and remove every instance of anything with Nikon in the name.  If you are on a windows computer, you can use File Explorer to open your hard drive (usually drive C), then use the search feature of File Explorer to look for Nikon.  After deleting all the files and folders associated with Nikon, be sure and empty you Trash/Recycle Bin.  Then reboot your computer and reinstall the software.  

If it still doesn't work, you may have to open the Registry and do essentially the same thing.  The registry is what controls your computer and Windows, so if you aren't familiar with it you may want to ask someone to help you.   One wrong move and you could "brick" your computer.

I told Nikon support about my solution and at first they just said they couldn't recommend using the Registry and they were not sure about the uninstall process.  They told me they would check with their software engineers to verify the uninstall problem I described but I never heard anything after that.

KerrieDavid

KerrieDavid

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSydney

I have been using NX Studio for a few months and other than me being being impatient which can cause no end of issues it seems good. I can not find out how I can share albums between my PCs. I use two PCs accessing my shared photo folders and want to be able to create albums I can access from the other PC if I need to. I'm using Windows 10. Searched public domain but much of the info is a bit shallow. I have checked the help files also. There are some cache and DB files saved in App Data which seem to be related but I just broke NX by fiddling.
Cheers
D