Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

d5600 autofocus for video not working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

thecount

thecount

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I just bought a Nikon 5600. I picked it specifically because I wanted a camera to record video of myself, and this was one of only a couple of models I could find that has a flip out screen you can use when recording yourself.

But now I'm finding that the autofocus isn't working when I try to record video. I can press the shutter to refocus while filming, but the camera doesn't seem to refocus on its own. If I press the shutter to focus on my face it works, but then I walk back to where I need to be to record the video, it doesn't follow me -- it stays focused in the same plane, so that once I move I'm out of focus. And of course, I can't refocus it since I can no longer reach the button.

Does anyone have a fix for this?

Oric Man

Oric Man

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts
  • Country Flag

I think you need to press something for it to focus. So maybe a remote controller?