Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

getting simga 150-600mm is calibration need. for Z6

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

i am getting sigma 150-600mm none sport for nikon it coming with tripod and docking port to do firmware update. do i need to do a lens calibration on my Z6 also going to get Z9 with 120-300mm soon too. just need to know if need to do calibration. also do not say do it at home since i am far-side and near-side. so if need to do one will find local person i know to do it or take to true camera store to get it done. also do not have stuff to do it at home anyway. and all rooms i stay at have good lighting too.

Nikonphotographer

Nikonphotographer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSolihull, West Midlands
The Sigma 150-600 C lens is fully compatible with the Nikon Z cameras using the FTZ adapter, no need for calibration.

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

Answer removed

Nikonphotographer

Nikonphotographer

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSolihull, West Midlands

It sounds like you are talking about AF fine tuning. If so, I would definitely do that with any lens/body combo (except for wide angel lenses). Since you have the docking station, you may want to consider using that and saving the fine tuning in the Sigma 150-600 since that gives you the option to fine tune at multiple focal lengths. The downside is that it limits you to one body.

While the option is there on the Z bodies, I've yet to find a need to fine tune any lenses at all, the option is there on DSLR'S as you have the mirror in front of the sensor, which isn't the case with mirrorless bodies.

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

OK, my bad. My answer was without thinking