Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Error Message

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

smstreck

smstreck

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I have an old D40x. I have it on a tripod and want to take some still images using aperture priority with the aperture as small as possible. Sometimes it works, and sometimes I get a flashing question mark and "ISO-A", and when I view the error message, it says a flash is recommended. But I don't want to use a flash, and I don't it won’t take the picture. How do I get the flashing to stop? What's weird is that sometime it take a picture and, without changing any settings, sometimes it doesn't. Thanks.

Ellinor William

Ellinor William

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Country Flag

Try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again.

Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the camera On again.