Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about EVF / monitor settings

evf monitor playback

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

AlliG

AlliG
  • Country Flag

Hello,
I'm wondering if it's possible to set the EVF and monitor settings on my Z7II to mimic my D700 in how it plays back images.  I would like to use the EVF and have it play back the image on the monitor only, not in the EVF.  Sometimes I like to glance at my monitor so I can see if I got the shot, but I don't do it every time. It's distracting to see the playback image in the EVF and I lose time / shots when shooting dance performances.  It also loses time if I have to hit the play button in order to see the image on the screen when set to off.  

I would have thought that "monitor only" meant that it would do just what I want, but nothing displays when I have it set to this.  Could there be a problem here, or does this just mean that I would use "monitor only" when I am using the monitor for both shooting and review?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: evf, monitor, playback