Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

do i need to calibrate Nikon EN-EL18d Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

do not know why they have calibration or calibrate on charger. i full charge it day i got it. but saw does go down little faster then Z6 battery too. not sure if get back from zoo and walmart i should do that. 

Merco_61

Merco_61
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Just use it as you would use any camera battery. The monitor circuit will keep tabs on things and indicate when the cells go out of balance enough to need calibration. 

The reason for the calibration facility in the chargers for en-el4 and en-el18 batteries is that with more than two cells, you can’t balance the voltages in the pack by just ending with a trickle charge as you need to do a fully controlled balancing charge cycle when one cell takes more or less charge than the others.  

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

got some help on Facebook so when two new battery's come in today will calibration on. also not sure why when i order charger for the battery's did not come with cord. also do not understand why nikon made so you need c-port or thunderbolt port to charger them. good thing i have 3 c-ports so could charger 3 battery's at one time or just 2 and still have c-port thunderbolt open for other 2 things that need it.