Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Focus Issue - 18 -200mm

18-200

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

GavJ

GavJ

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi All, not new to the forum but never signed in before. Great forum, thanks for reading my post.

I have been having an issue with my 18-200mm DX lens, I believe its the Mark 1. Occasionaly it wont let me fire the shutter, I assume its because it hasnt achieved focus. It appears to be only when the focusing is at the "infinity" end of the range. 

Im using an D90, and only have this issue with this lens fitted.

I can see a couple of posts similar to this but without resolution. Im assuming there is a fault within the lens..... but dont know if this will be an economical repair? I think the lens is worth around £200. I have been using Nikon since the 80's and this is the first malfunction I have had!! I dont even know where to send it for repair....

Im in central Scotland, any help appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_5628.JPG

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 18-200