Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark round spots on landscapes with lotss of sky. Using Z50 and DX 16-50 lens. Editing with Spot Fix does part of the jo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Peter Iden

Peter Iden

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Dark round spots on landscape photos with lots of sky. Please explain and suggest getting rid of this phenomenon. Thank you.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_3164.JPG
  • DSC_3165.JPG

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Looks like dust on the sensor- you'll want to clean it, starting with a (manual) blower or using a cleaning kit/professional service.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Yeah, what Adam said.

You can clean these things up in post with Lightroom or Photoshop, etc. However, it can be a lot of work so it's better not to have to deal with them in the first place.

--Ron

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

what you have here is trip to clean the sensor at camera store or clean the sensor your self 

Peter Iden

Peter Iden

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks, everyone. I have ordered a cleaning kit and will, according to recommendatios, proceed with utmost care.

Peter.

Crotlaus

Crotlaus

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be  smudges on the filter. I cleaned the filter and the problem disappeared.

Is your filter and lens clean?

Does you camera have a Clean Image Sensor option in the setup? My D5600 has that option.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be  smudges on the filter. I cleaned the filter and the problem disappeared.

Is your filter and lens clean?

Does you camera have a Clean Image Sensor option in the setup?

The Z50 can’t vibrate the sensor to clean it.

A dirty lens filter can not produce sharp artefacts. If they are well-defined like in the OP, they are always on the sensor or maybe on the rear element as the Z-mount is shallow.

Crotlaus

Crotlaus

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag

Here is couple of photos of a dirty filter. The filter had got some very light rain on it and left a few drops.I didn't realize it until later.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_0146.JPG
  • DSC_0057.JPG

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Here is couple of photos of a dirty filter. The filter had got some very light rain on it and left a few drops.I didn't realize it until later.

These are typical sensor spots. Smudged filters or front elements will lower contrast but not show up like this as they are so far out of focus.