Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

7 artisans manual lens for nikon 1 j5, could it fit?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

tektano28

tektano28
  • Country Flag

currently i have a fixed lens from 1 j5. This product is pretty old if im not wrong it came in 2013. I am searching for small aperture lenses launched by 7 artisans because its low price (i mean you could get a 50mm f1.8 for 80$), but mount existed are just for canon, fuji-x and m4/3 cameras. to be honest idk how could i get a suitable mount for 7artisans lenses on my 1 j5, i know canon and fuji-x mount can't be fitted in this camera also i'm confused with m4/3, does it fit? i mean what type of mount should i choose? 

Jerry_

Jerry_
  • Country Flag
The Nikon 1 mount is specific to the Nikon 1 (so not identical to micro 4/3)

The one way I could image to mount lenses from other brands is to first get the Nikon 1 to F-mount adapter (FT1 mount adapter) and then use adapters (check fi from fotodiox) from other brands to F-Mount (as I am not aware of existing adapters that directly allow to connect other brand lenses to the Nikon 1 mount).
However, if you go that way, expect that your results will not be the best and that the overall may be clumsy and unbalanced. Also a number of features may not work.
It makes sense if you have already a lens collection which you want to reuse.

Considering that the Nikon 1 system was discontinued in 2018 and that there are a number of lenses (with or without cameras) that are available second hand, I’d rather look for getting a native second hand Nikon 1 lens.

tektano28

tektano28
  • Country Flag

The Nikon 1 mount is specific to the Nikon 1 (so not identical to micro 4/3)

The one way I could image to mount lenses from other brands is to first get the Nikon 1 to F-mount adapter (FT1 mount adapter) and then use adapters (check fi from fotodiox) from other brands to F-Mount (as I am not aware of existing adapters that directly allow to connect other brand lenses to the Nikon 1 mount).
However, if you go that way, expect that your results will not be the best and that the overall may be clumsy and unbalanced. Also a number of features may not work.
It makes sense if you have already a lens collection which you want to reuse.

Considering that the Nikon 1 system was discontinued in 2018 and that there are a number of lenses (with or without cameras) that are available second hand, I’d rather look for getting a native second hand Nikon 1 lens.

Thankyou jerry this suggestion helps me a lot, tbh i was lack of knowledge in nikon lenses before you mentioned about nikon 1 lenses. I have searched for my camera type's lenses using its name on some marketplaces in my country and it is difficult to find them. I know this is stupid hahaha because tbh i'm afraid this kind of type camera doesnt have alternative brand because nikon lenses existed here are pricy, cannot afford that also due to the camera itself is not a lot of people choices so its "not a nikon" gears are in small quanitity even not exist in marketplaces. Maybe finding nikon 1 adapter is the best choice so far. I don;t mind if the lenses isnt auto btw.
Once again thankyou !!