Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

FTZ does not save lens name in EXIF with z6

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

audioscavenger

audioscavenger
  • Country Flag

no idea why Nikon chose not to transfer the lens information into the EXIF data but they don't, at least on Z6

any idea how to setup a lens profile manually?

they let you choose lens numbers on the z6, but what is the translation from lens number 20 for instance??

this is utterly confusing and it messes up LR and Darktable since no lens information other then A/S/focal is saved

thanks for any idea !

Merco_61

Merco_61
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

What lens are you using on the FTZ when this happens?

audioscavenger

audioscavenger
  • Country Flag

EDIT

darktable is the issue

LR CC cloud can see the lens information

i opened a ticket

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

here what he is asking. not sure why nikon did not make so if your using the FTZ mount it would not have ability to save info for all there lenses with it when doing edits in lightroom or any other editing program. he wants to use lens correction with lens he using on Z6 and not have one at all or use the one close to it. nikon will not make FTZ for it. since to make one would have copy all the nikon F mounts to test and program them to do so. this not really nikon issue but a adobe too. amount time to test and retest will be problem. its like when i play call of duty cold war or path of exile or any other game. when you add stuff or make changes to game it will effect other parts of game. so with all lens they had made over years will be pain to make that way. rumor going around people where thinking new FTZ mount might have motor in it. but that might not happen since they will want people switch to Z mount lenses. 

audioscavenger

audioscavenger
  • Country Flag

there is a motor in the FTZ, how would that be able to open the aperture otherwise

And as i said, the lens information is indeed in the EXIF but encoded strangely on new Z models. Therefore, I opened Issue #10053, now merged with issue #10067  

Merco_61

Merco_61
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

there is a motor in the FTZ, how would that be able to open the aperture otherwise

And as i said, the lens information is indeed in the EXIF but encoded strangely on new Z models. Therefore, I opened Issue #10053, now merged with issue #10067  

Fallout666 was talking about the focus motor that is found in the DSLR-s except the D3xxx and D5xxx series’. 

audioscavenger

audioscavenger
  • Country Flag

i re-read what he wrote 4 times and still cannot get it, sorry

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

i re-read what he wrote 4 times and still cannot get it, sorry

FTZ does not have motor in it. if they did would work with all old nikon lenses. and tamron and sigma or any other lenses that does not work with FTZ. only thing FTZ does all camera to see the lens. 

straight from internet and nikon 

The Nikon FTZ adapter does not have a motor so you will lose autofocus functionality. Everything else will work fine with full EXIF communication, but these lenses become manual focus only. You will have feedback from the camera for all rangefinder-type autofocus aids