Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some 'OLD' but FREE Hasselblads !

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

nikonFILMuser

nikonFILMuser

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBRENTWOOD Essex

Site Supporter

The same over 90 year-old fellow Camera Club member who gave me a NIKON FE and FM  also gave me his two old Hasselblads  that I had checked and cleaned for him ! A 1973 500 EL/M and a 1978 500C/M .

The 80mm f2,8 Planar lens on 500C/M is in good condition and even came with a Hasselblad UV filter. One A12 back dated 1978   I managed to 'service' by taking off side panel and getting to lubricate all the winding gear and renewed a seal. The other  worn A12 back 1981 had a screw that will not 'Budge' . The Mirror Bumper FOAM on BOTH is rotten and leaves 'Bits' on the mirror and at the moment I cannot see how to get under the metal flap in camera body that houses it.  There was a better Focus Screen ion box included which I put  into 500C/M . I have taken a few snaps to show you --- 

51322062839_7e6188f030_c.jpg 51358747661_5f9a344e93_c.jpg 51366295022_dcb7c9066b_c.jpg 51358747611_dc886d3d39_c.jpg 51359758105_ca527503a6_c.jpg 51359478259_bc530b8386_c.jpg

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Quality like that never goes out of style.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I bet you could get Hasselblad to service them for you... just be sure to bring lots of cash.

Seriously tho, they're beautiful cameras and you're very lucky to have received them.

--Ron

nikonFILMuser

nikonFILMuser

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Yes -- the thought 'Lots Of CASH' sprang to mind as I checked them out ! 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Having a Hasselblad 500 */M CLA-d professionally gets expensive quickly as so many parts are overengineered and need to be dismantled the long way round. One good thing about them is that most parts are still available.

The earlier bodies with the focal plane shutters and the 500c are more problematic as there are parts that can’t be found when the original parts wear out.

If somebody is looking for a ’blad, try to find something like a 501, 503 or 553 as they are much easier to work on and the film-winding coupler between body and mag. is much sturdier.

nikonFILMuser

nikonFILMuser

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

I notice you come from SWEDEN --  so must have some good 'HASSELBLAD' information -- PS -- We all Like ABBA songs still here ! 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

By the way, these aren't old by Hasselblad standards. The oldest one I have used was a late HK-7, made in 1943. It used 80 mm film and was made for aerial photography.