Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The pictures taken from my Nikon Zfc are showing up with blotches

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

abjodas

abjodas

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
I have been taking pictures from my Zfc camera for a few months now, but I didn't have any problem with it. Recently I am seeing black blotches in all of the pictures. What is the reason for it? The issue is not with the display coz the images have the blotches even after transfer.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,632 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Could you post an example?
  • Ron likes this

Brian

Brian

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Country Flag

Seeing images would help.

Do you see the blotched through the viewfinder and on the display screen after taking the picture?

If the spots are dark, it could be dirt/oil on the sensor.

If the spots do not show before the image is taken and recorded to the Card- could be an electronics problem.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

I have been taking pictures from my Zfc camera for a few months now, but I didn't have any problem with it. Recently I am seeing black blotches in all of the pictures. What is the reason for it? The issue is not with the display coz the images have the blotches even after transfer.

since i am one once in blue moon and only few people that have mirrorless body we need to see picture to help you. and also need setting and what type of photo your taking along with time and day if was cloudy or lowlight issue. also if have black spots could mean you have dust marks on lens. if that is true you need clean the sensor or have pro clean it. when taking lens off buddy you need to point camera sensor facing down or away from wind blowing 

Ellinor William

Ellinor William

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Country Flag

I suppose you should remove dust from the surface of the image sensor using [Clean image sensor]. After using a blower to remove dust or lint from the lens surface, gently wipe the lens with a lens cleaning cloth.

Still if the pictures are showing blotches then, you need to update your firmware license. Also, if the clicked images are important to you then you can use any photo repair tools like stellar or picdoctor. Although, you need to fix the camera by updating the firmware to avoid future issues.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

we need photo to give remarks back. also we are guessing too. without photo to go on. we can not give help you need. 

g4aaw pete

g4aaw pete

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 1,799 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBirchington, North Kent Coast.

Site Supporter

I note the OP hasn't been back since posting the question.