Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Church buildings

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,637 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

... within a two block radius from home.

There are four of them...

Two are deconsecrated.

The United Methodist Church chapel.

gallery_1251_808_463452.jpg

deconsecrated and sold when the congregation had dwindled to 45 members. The methodists are now a part of Equmeniakyrkan, the Uniting Church in Sweden

The old Mission Covenant Church of Sweden chapel.

gallery_1251_808_543.jpg

deconsecrated then the congregation's new church building was finished.

The current Mission Covenant Church of Sweden chapel.

gallery_1251_808_1118232.jpg

The Mission Covenant Church of Sweden merged with the UMC and the Baptists in 2013, forming Equmeniakyrkan, the Uniting Church in Sweden.

Mikaelskyrkan.

gallery_1251_808_344698.jpg

Originally built by the state church for the working class in the north-east part of the city, it has been used by the evangelicals and the Salvation Army and is now used by Uppsala City Mission for their work with those who live in social vulnerability and homelessness.

Equipment used:

Nikon Z6II

Nikon FTZ adapter

Nikkor AF-S 14-24/2.8G ED

bluzman

bluzman

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Texas

Peter, I always enjoy the photos that you post and these are no exception.

I notice you're shooting with a Z6II. Am I wrong in thinking you were considering a Z50 at one point? Anyway, viewing your images sent me off to my archive for this one. It's in the small, rural town of Pilot Point, Texas. The church, which is about the same vintage as the one in your first picture, is active but in definite need of repainting.

7Yiaiovh.jpg

NIKON Z50 & NIKKOR Z DX 16-50mm f/3.5-6.3 VR
1/400 sec, f/10, ISO 100, Aperture priority, Focal Length 26.5 mm

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,637 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The first two churches are both the same vintage and were consecrated in 1875. The last one is a bit later, consecrated in 1892. The Bethel Baptist Church building in your photo was built in 1879.

You remember correctly about me not only considering a Z50, but getting one back in January. I like it, but use it more for video work than stills. I have some photos shot with it in this gallery

nikonFILMuser

nikonFILMuser

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBRENTWOOD Essex

Site Supporter

I have only this ONE 'Church Photo' in my NIKON  folder , all others taken on 'Other Makes'  Our Town St Thomas of Canterbury Church tower with FE2 + 28m f3.5 NIKKOR  = RED filter as a test. 

29210941210_0ee15fc52d_z.jpgNIKON FE2 Tests by Peter Elgar, on Flickr