Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Beautiful locations for scenic photos

scenic beginner photography mountains

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

arnjie

arnjie

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm looking to do some traveling these holidays and do some photography. Anyone know any good scenic locations? Thanks !

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

How about the Swiss or Italian Alps? Tibetan Himalayas? 

Tahiti? Fiji? New Zealand? Hawaii?

The Cascades? Yellowstone? Yosemite? 

I could go on...

RossCumming

RossCumming

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationScotland
How deep are your pockets and what do you hope to achieve/capture? There are beautiful locations in every single place in the World. I would suggest you pick a place because YOU want to go there. For me you need to have a passion or inspiration to visit a place first and foremost and then the photography will happen. Obviously once you know where you want to go, then scope out places to visit when there, but you need to WANT to go to that location in the first place otherwise the images you take could run the risk of being as empty as the passion for being there is in the first place. You can take stunning images within a few miles of your home if the passion is there. When you go to a location, it's your story you want to tell, not someone else's. Don't just take a snapshot of a place because everyone else has, go look for own take on it and have fun doing so.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

How deep are your pockets and what do you hope to achieve/capture? There are beautiful locations in every single place in the World. I would suggest you pick a place because YOU want to go there. For me you need to have a passion or inspiration to visit a place first and foremost and then the photography will happen. Obviously once you know where you want to go, then scope out places to visit when there, but you need to WANT to go to that location in the first place otherwise the images you take could run the risk of being as empty as the passion for being there is in the first place. You can take stunning images within a few miles of your home if the passion is there. When you go to a location, it's your story you want to tell, not someone else's. Don't just take a snapshot of a place because everyone else has, go look for own take on it and have fun doing so.

Holy cow. This is the most brilliant thing I've read all day! Well said, sir!

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Ross makes excellent points.

If you look for it, you can find something to shoot everyday wherever you are.  But it is the desire to shoot that genrates the effort needed to find that something.

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

The reality is that great beauty, and great ugliness, exists virtually everywhere. 

mallough

mallough

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country Flag

How about a vote for Bora Bora.  Everyone says it is expensive, but everyone says it is worth it.

Beautiful blue water, snorkeling with mantas, tropical fish, coral reefs, sharks and stingrays.  Lush green island, and great food to boot.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: scenic, beginner, photography, mountains