Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Autofocus Issues

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Drowe

Drowe

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I’ve been doing some research on my Photo combination.  I have the D850 and I’m using the 200-500mm with a 1.4x TC-14-111. I think I’m experiencing some autofocus issues and wondered if you had heard of any similar problems? I know I’m only going to get f8 with this combo but appear to have problems locking the focus in, on birds in flight at distance and inconsistent noise through auto ISO use. I would appreciate any comment anyone could make.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

With the resolution available in the D850, why bother with the TC at all? Why not just crop? The TC itself that loses contrast and the slower aperture needing morre gain will probably lose you more quality than cropping to ~20 MP will.