Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Printing large format wallpaper

print landscape megapixels quality wallpaper nikond3400

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Lukestar

Lukestar

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a client that wants a 2.4m x 10m wallpaper on their office wall.

I'm shooting with a D3400 on tripod and have done a photomerge of my panorama shots to make it a wider photo. I was shooting with a 18-55mm lens, on RAW and at max resolution for all shots (6000x4000).

The scene was seascape view on a hiking trail, I have attached example shot and hear me out that that my best shot was better than this. Everything was nicely in focus and post came out perfect.

My question is if my image will have high enough quality from this shot to be able to print without pixelation ?

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
( I couldn’t find the attached picture you mention)

You are having an ambitious project.

As for the math part, and assuming that you took the different panorama pictures in portrait mode as a single « row », while reproducing them on the 2.4m height of the poster, you have:

240cm/6000 pixels = 0,04cm on the poster per pixel

Likely you will still see some pixels, but possibly nothing that is disturbing to me for a print of this size. As for any larger print, the more distant the viewer is the less he will see the pixels. And the viewer has to be distant to see a 10m wide picture.

You could also stitch the panorama as not only a result of a single row, but multiple ones, which will increase the number of available pixels - and thereby have smaller printed pixels.

Overall I would check with the company that will do the print job, to know what their recommendation is in terms of pixels, as well as your customer of what he would be satisfied with.

Outside the question of pixels - and considering the equipment you used - I would also check for distortions and others that may impact the quality of the resulting print.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Jerry is correct!  Follow his suggestions and you should have the answer you need..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: print, landscape, megapixels, quality, wallpaper, nikond3400