Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some random B&W photos from Gettysburg

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

The Brian Barn

2MigVGrl.jpg

National Cemetery looking out at Evergreen Cemetery.

dQuYlBjl.jpg

Guns in the National Cemetery

P0ClAX7l.jpg

Zeiglers Grove

01AUmxrl.jpg

Soldiers Memorial

ANpSic0l.jpg

Peace

HvQzkZGl.jpg

Often unnoticed and rarely photographed, the rear of Evergreen Cemetery Gatehouse

cisldTUl.jpg

Emmitsburg Road seen from Cemetery Ridge

tzL56Ssl.jpg

Bart

Bart

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,391 posts
  • Country Flag

Wonderful b&w series!

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Thanks, Bart.  I thought the last one turned out a little flat. If it were film, I could fix that in printing with dodging and burning, but I'm still a bit new to digital.

Bart

Bart

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,391 posts
  • Country Flag

Agreed.

I always assume I see what the author has decided how his image should look like.

Some time ago, there was an interesting theme here. Each week, a person would provide an image and the others would post some interpretations of that file indicating the program and steps or settings used. I think this was very useful to see where and how others would end up starting from the same starting point.

However, participation dwindled eventually. Perhaps by lack of time like in my case.

Perhaps you could ask for interest in such an event? This was in the Mini-Challenges, Member Contests, and Games sub-forum.

I still think it's one of the best ways to learn about digital processing.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Restarting the editing challenge would be nice as we have lots of new members who joined after it petered out. If somebody wants to run it, feel free to use the guidelines from the old challenge if you want to.