Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Median Stacking software

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

cgriffin

cgriffin

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts
  • Country Flag

I am trying to figure out median stacking, with little experience in post processing other than the basics, using Luminar 4, Photoshop Adobe Elements, and to a very small degree the Nikon Capture NX-D. I might add that I know little about Photoshop, and most of the on line tutorials seems to reference Photoshop as the baseline knowledge. So far, it's been frustrating. It seems like there are many steps in getting from the Nikon NRW files into the software and then figuring out all the details to produce desired output. Seems like several times I find I have to do some work in one program, then output to a different one for next steps. I have found the thread in this topic that references Registax. I'll look at it, but the initial comments were not exciting.

So.....does anyone have experience with the most user friendly free softwares that will do median stacking? My initial interest comes from trying to squeeze a bit more detail out of my moon shots with my Coolpix P1000, but I'm sure once I figure it out, there will be more applications. My most recent effort last night was in Hugin Panorama Editor, but I need to figure out how to get a median stack shot rather than the Panorama. But it's the simplest package to use that I've found so far.