Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D90 and Nikkor 18-105mm problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Fakenor

Fakenor

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello, I need some help with a problem that I've been having recently. So I have the Nikon D90 with 30k shutter count (as of last week) and the 18-105mm lens (around 1 year). 

The problem is that whenever I use the 18-105 the body shows an err code on the top screen. I would press the shutter button once or twice take the picture, and than the shutter turns black and shows the Err code. I tried cleaning the connectors on both the body and the lens but that sadly didn't help. 

I have also tried taking my friends 18-105 and giving him mine, but that also didn't work as his lens also showed the same problem, but for him my lens worked without any problems. Then we tried using a Sigma lens and that one worked on my body without any problems. So right now I am baffled on how only the 18-105 doesn't work on my camera but the Sigma one does. Sadly I do not have any other Nikkor lenses to test out to see if the problem lies within the body it self or just the compatibility with the 18-105.

I was suggested by my friend to reset the firmware (which I still didn't do) to see if that helps, but I have my doubts that it will! 

If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix it, that would be awesome (and please don't say, send it to a repair person, as that would cost me more than selling the camera and the lens and getting something newer)...