Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

White Spot - Sensor Dust or Fault?

sensor dust

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

square_circle

square_circle

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag
Looking at cleaning my sensor as there's quite a lot of dust appearing on photos. Lens is fine so definitely a build up on the sensor. However, I also noticed this white spot in the centre of all my photos. Dark halo around the edge. Similar size to the dust particles. Any ideas what it could be? Just want to make sure in case it's something serious I should avoid using a sensor cleaner on?
Nikon D610 White Spot

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

Looks like a water spot but, honestly, I don't know. Perhaps one of the other forums members can help.

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Looks like a liquid spot of some kind to me as well. A wet clean will probably remove it.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

A more viscous liquid than water could create that ring shaped
spot… like saliva for example.

square_circle

square_circle

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag
Thanks all. I'll try to wet clean and see if it removes. Only appears at lower f-stops(f11+) on all lenses so certainly the sensor and not a lens