Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Problem with D810 tethered to monitor

d810 tethered hdmi

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Chiswell Studios

Chiswell Studios

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
I run a portrait studio here in St.Albans and have been using a Nikon D800e for quite a few years and it has performed beautifully. I recently bought a D810 (keeping the 800e as a back up) and I had a customer in yesterday. Normally, I take a sequence of images then connect to a monitor via HDMI and quickly view the images to make sure the customer likes what they see. As soon as I pushed the play button, the images appear nice and sharp. BUT, as soon as I push the magnifivcation button to zoom in, suddenly the image turns to very low resolution and the image looks blurry and not nice! I have experimented and when I connect the D800e back in it is perfect, zoomed in or out. i connected the D810 and the same problem happens. I have updated the firmware to the latest, that didn't work. I have used two different monitors, changed the HDMi cable, checked all the settings on both the D810 and the monitor and still the problem only happens with the D810.

I'm hoping you can shed some light on this problem because if you can't I cannot use this camera in the studio. I will have to go back to the D800e.

Looking at the back of the D810, the image is displayed nice and sharp on the back screen zoomed in, and when I view the images on my computer from the SD or CF card the images are perfect, the problem only happens when viewing the images on a tethered monitor, and once I push the magnification button, only with the D810. the D800e is still perfect.

Please help

thanks in advance

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d810, tethered, hdmi