Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

F4 alert light

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

mbcx

mbcx

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationin the south

Site Supporter

Got a new to me 24-85 AF lens and was trying it out ,getting use to it and notice that when I took a shot that the shutter release would not work for a few seconds. Notice that the red light next to the film winder knob was flashing and couldn't take another picture until it stop. The flim advance and the camera would focus for the next shot but the shutter release would not work. Look every where and couldn't find any info, the manual only refers to something abnormal happened or it blinks when rewinding the film. Could someone help me with this? 

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,185 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It is usually related to the camera not reading the DX code on the film canister. You might try setting the ISO/ASA manually.

mbcx

mbcx

• Premium Member
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationin the south

Site Supporter

Thanks, I'll check that next time.