Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Selling Stock Photos

stock royalty free freelance business

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

BonOlgirl

BonOlgirl

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Site Supporter

Does anyone out there have success selling stock photos?

There is so much information online about the subject that I just don't know where to start...

I'm about to move forward full-time with my business in graphic design, photo editing/processing/composition and as one aspect of the business, I want to sell stock photos ...just don't know how to go about it.

Any suggestions??

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

I've never tried, but I know the big boys (Corbis, Getty) have requirements and standards in order to get in.  I've heard good things about Shutterstock, which I do not believe are as selective.  I've also heard about ones requiring certain cameras be used as requirements.  Years ago, it had to be full frame only for some of them, but now that DX cameras have come a long way, I'm sure they must accept crop sensor photos now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: stock, royalty free, freelance, business