Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

ML L3 Remote is Erratic

remote shutter release

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

SJ Von Braun

SJ Von Braun

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I cannot get the Nikon ML L3 remote shutter release to work consistently when my D5300 is in TIME mode.  The shutter will open when I press the button, but will not just close when I press the button on the remote a second time.  No matter how quickly I press the button and release or if I hold down the button, the shutter closes and then immediately opens again.  Sometimes I have to open and close 3 or 4 times before the camera just closes the shutter on the second press.   This does NOT happen if I'm just pressing the shutter button on the camera.  is there a better remote for the D5300?  Thank you.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

The MC-DC2 should work with the D5300.

• Ron likes this

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I have a couple of ML-L3 remotes but I rarely use them because of how erratic they are in operation. A better solution, at least for me, was to get a wired remote such as the MC-DC2 that Peter suggested.

--Ron

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: remote shutter release