Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Contacts misalignment

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

PLJ

PLJ

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Oxon

Recently bought a used  D750 to go with my D7000,  and none of my Nikkor lenses work on this body.   They all work fine on the D7000.

The lenses in question  are AF-s  500mm F4 IF-ED  ,  AF 50mm F1.4 D , AF 28-105mm F3.5-4.5 D.

The problem when mounting any of those lenses on the D750 is that when turning them on the body mount,  just before they get to the lock position, the info appears on the top LCD but it's flashing.  When finally locked in place, its the dreaded  F-EE  message.  Pressing the lock switch in, and rotating that lens slightly back by a tiny amount, the info appears properly on the top LCD and is not flashing like before, but of course this is not acceptable.

I asked the private seller some questions, and it appears that it was one of the serial numbers that was part of the Nikon recall to have the shutter replaced.

He said there was still some warranty left on the work they did with the shutter replacement, so he asked the Nikon service centre that he had originally used for the shutter replacement, why 3  AF/ AF-s lenses would not work. Their response was that due to the new mechanism, the first time mounting a lens,  it should be set at maximum aperture first, then set aperture to the red minimum, and lock the aperture ring.

Firstly,  that doesnt fit with the fact that the contacts are not lining up,  unless they removed the body mount as part of their work, and re-attached the mount slightly out of line, if that is indeed possible.  I would have thought that there was no possible adjustment for the mount, as surely they screw in the holes in just one place.

Secondly, how can that advice be relevant to G lenses , which have  no aperture ring ? 

For whatever reason, it does seem to me that the contacts are out of line, but i'm no engineer or Nikon expert