Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

bare with me

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

jlelwood

jlelwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSt Ives Cornwall UK

Bare with me guys its the 1st  time i picked up a camrea in over  2 years sorry trying to get used to it all again.

what do you guys like to photograph

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

I like a wide range of subjects from buildings, people and scenery. For me it is attempting to capture the moment, but in a unique way - how about you?

jlelwood

jlelwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Country Flag

I like a wide range of subjects from buildings, people and scenery. For me it is attempting to capture the moment, but in a unique way - how about you?

still trying find that one out really in the past it was mainly landscape and nature but am looking to branch out using this year to wipe the slate clean and come at it as a brand new rookie frogetton most of wat i knew anyway lol

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

This forum is great in that there is a wide range of abilities and people are so generous in sharing their knowledge. Perhaps you want to consider wandering around the blogs and forum discussions to pick up ideas.

jlelwood

jlelwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Country Flag

yea its what i been doing just trying work out how to use this form propely to i aint to good at the old reading or writting as you can tell ahah i get there tho u lot do seem a good bunch tho

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

I started out taking pictures wildlife and landscapes. I then decided to branch out and started to do some portrature and street photography. I just love taking pictures, if i think it looks good and excites me then I'll snap it. I tend to take pictures for myself and if other people like it then it's a bonus.

What Camera are you using and what lenese do you have?

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

Based on the spelling of the title I thought this thread might be about photographing nudes. 

jlelwood

jlelwood

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Country Flag

I started out taking pictures wildlife and landscapes. I then decided to branch out and started to do some portrature and street photography. I just love taking pictures, if i think it looks good and excites me then I'll snap it. I tend to take pictures for myself and if other people like it then it's a bonus.

What Camera are you using and what lenese do you have?

i have the nikon d3200 only have the basic kit lense atm as monye is tight  what about yourself

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

The 3200 with kit lens is a great camera/lens combination. 

My advice is to keep it with you and just take pictures of everything and everyone you see that looks like it/they might be the slightest bit interesting. Then at the end of the day, sit down and look at what you have. 

You might be surprised. 

Russ

Russ

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts
  • Country Flag

Based on the spelling of the title I thought this thread might be about photographing nudes. 

I just thought it was you foreigners deciding to spell another English word incorrectly! :P

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag

Colour me more civilsed than most Americans here in the colonies. 

Hell's Bells, I even drink tea sometimes. 

Iced tea, but still...

Chrisf

Chrisf

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Country Flag

I tend to stick to nature photography (mostly birds),but if I see something that would make a good photo I'll give it a shot.Sometimes you find things at the odd times I admit. ie. shooting an icicle melting. I also find my cat  to be very photogenic, which gives me some good stuff to mess around with in ps.

funny peculiar

funny peculiar

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 409 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWellington
I try everything but what I really enjoy is photographing people. Not posed.

greatscott94

greatscott94

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Site Supporter

Portrait is my thing but I like to shoot everything. Street is my other favorite thing :)

iNYONi

iNYONi

Rob

• Forum Member
  • 1,112 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLivingston, Scotland

Site Supporter

i have the nikon d3200 only have the basic kit lense atm as monye is tight  what about yourself

started off with a D3100 with 18-55 kit lens. Since then I've grown as a photographer and now use a D7100 and have built my lens collection. As Alden said, your D3200 is a great camera and should help you take fantastic photos. The kit lens are great too, I still use mine and get some fantastic pictures with it.