Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Tamron lens /SD card files

sd card files generic

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Laurie in Maine

Laurie in Maine

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMaine

All of a sudden files of uploaded pics off SD card were going individually at the end of Pictures folder. Could not figure out why - but I've "touched" too many settings to know what I did wrong this time.

Plus the SD card started showing up named GENERIC.

(Lightbulb moment this morning with my third cup of coffee!)

First time ever with a non-Nikon lens...  My new year's gift to myself was the 18-400 lens. Coincides with my new issues!!

How do I manage settings for where they go? I want them to go in a folder together not strung out one by one.....

I upload card through the PHOTOS App and then use Nikon's View-NXi for editing.

Using a different method to upload sd card onto Dell laptop perhaps?

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag
I don’t see the lens used impacting on your photo library, as photolibraries are typically sorted by criteria.

So, unless if the library allows to sort by lens (in that case the T of Tamron would follow any N for Nikon) however I don’t know your Photos app, so don’t know if the app allows for such sorting.

When I copy files from a memory card I do the whole process manually, using the Finder(Mac OSX) (which correspondents to the Fileexplorer on Windows) to copy from one location to another, before editing.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I have never seen the name of the image change due to a lens change.  

Use a card reader and copy off the card reader onto the computer as Jerry suggested.  You can also check your settings in the menu for the image name / numbering section to see if you modified that....

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

All said by the preceding fellow members, nothing to add!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sd card, files, generic