Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wireless remote for D850?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

bobbyjo007

bobbyjo007

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag

I have the Vivitar remote that came with a flash, but I can't get it to work with my Nikon D850.  Is it possible that the battery is dead or I need to configure the camera settings?

Or should I look into another brand of wireless remote for the D850?

Thanks!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Why not get an MC-30 or MC-32 to use as a normal remote and use Snapbridge or WMU when you need wireless control?

bobbyjo007

bobbyjo007

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag

Why not get an MC-30 or MC-32 to use as a normal remote and use Snapbridge or WMU when you need wireless control?

I tried using SnapBridge with my iPad. So far, it is virtually impossible to establish a WiFi connection to download files or use the remote feature. I'm only able to establish a BlueTooth pairing, but that seems to be useless.  Also, I bought this Opteka remote from eBay.  Where the heck does this cord plug into the D850? I don't see any slot(s) where it fits?

Redirect Notice

Yes, I'm new to cameras. But I don't see why it's so hard to find to find a WIRELESS remote for a $3000 Nikon camera.  :unsure:

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Next to the alignment dot, there are two rubber covers. One of them hides a contact for studio strobes and the other hides the 10-pin contact.
A D850 with the latest firmware can be used with the much more stable WMU app instead of using SnapBridge.

bobbyjo007

bobbyjo007

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • Country Flag

Next to the alignment dot, there are two rubber covers. One of them hides a contact for studio strobes and the other hides the 10-pin contact.
A D850 with the latest firmware can be used with the much more stable WMU app instead of using SnapBridge.

Well I'll be damned. There it was all along, hidden under the rubber covers.  Thank you!!!

I will have to check out the WMU app soon, but the app only has 2 out of 5 stars?!??  Wow!!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

It is old-fashioned and doesn’t have any bells and whistles. For me, it has always been stable. Just start the Wi-Fi in the camera and connect through the app. It is best used as a wireless remote with liveview. The file transfer doesn’t work too well.