Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Third Party Lenses

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Johnd219

Johnd219

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I am starting to get back into photography more seriously. I caught the bug in college when I took a photography class centered around black and white, 35MM film, developing negatives and printing pictures. I have owned a Nikon D50 for15 years using a Tamron 18-200mm zoom for everything, mostly on Auto. I want to get back to more creative control. I am not ready to upgrade just yet but I am curious about what the next step may be in terms of next camera and lenses, considering I am doing this for my own enjoyment. I would like some feedback about what lenses other than Nikon you have had success with. Nikon lenses can be very pricy and I am wondering about acceptable alternatives. Are Nikon refurbished lenses good options? Any thoughts on an upgraded camera body would be helpful also.

Thanks

John