Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Manual Mode in Nikon Z7 reacting strangely

z7 manual focus speed change

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

fdormoy

fdormoy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCanada, Quebec, Piedmont

Hello,

I have a Nikon Z7 and when I use the Manual Mode to control both my aperture and speed (with ISO constant, which means that I removed the automatism "A") let's say speed 1/50 and aperture f2.8 (and making sure that the exposure scale shown in the LCD Display is good), I got a correct picture.  But after I took the picture, the speed change and is no longer 1/50: it becomes 1/400, or another time 1/250 and changes randomly.  Strangely my aperture set does not change.

So why my speed I manually set at 1/50 does not stay at 1/50 after the picture is taken if I want to make a second and third picture?

What makes this happen ??

WaldenK

WaldenK

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

hi fdormoy,

i know this is an older post...but curious if you got this issue resolved.

i am facing a similar issue with my Z7... when i have the camera on fully-manual mode.. auto-ISO absolutely for certain OFF...

the camera seemingly intermittently bumps the ISO up on its own:(

interested in knowing if there's a solution to this issue.

thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: z7, manual focus, speed change