Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dropped Camera

d5300

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Capybara

Capybara

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Greetings,

Yesterday, while my D5300 was on my tripod, I went to reach for something and the tripod tipped over, causing my camera to come crashing down on the floor. It landed flat on the lcd screen, viewfinder. No cracks or any noticeable outside damage.

Now when I turn it on, I get an error ( please see attached ).

When I press the shutter, the error goes off and the camera work as normal.

Once I capture an image, I view it on the lcd screen and it's white. ( see attached image )

Also, when i switch it into video capture mode, the lcd is black and the camera seems to lock up. I have to remove the battery and re-insert it to get back to the original error message.

Does this seem like a sensor or shutter issue? And seeing at it's an older model camera, is it worth sending it in for repair to Nikon? It's always worked great and never had any issues with it up to this point.

Thanks for any tips or advice!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20210115_083956.jpg
  • image.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d5300