Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D3400 flash mode- no shutter release

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

ftanker11

ftanker11

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello, we got a great deal for my wife for an open box D3400 off of ebay.  We have found when in any auto-modes calling for flash the shutter will not release.  The flash pops up just fine, but will not actually flash.  If you then turn off flash the shutter will release.  Once the camera flips up the flash it no longer makes the clicking noise so I think it's recognizing its up, but for some reason it will not make a flash.  I doubt we will rarely use the flash but its annoying when the shutter won't release in an auto mode.  It turns out I can return the item if done so within the next week.  Any ideas on how to get it flashing without going through the return process?  

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

How long have you allowed the flash to be up before attempting to shoot?  The camera should not fire until the flash is charged and ready......