Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Just wondering D850

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

ecbuck

ecbuck

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Asking this about the D850 but probably applies to most other higher end Nikons.  1) Why do they not allow you to connect directly to your home wi-fi rather than forcing your "smart device" to connect directly to the camera?  When connected to the camera, all other wifi applications, i.e, internet access aren't available.  If Blink can do it, why not Nikon?  2)  Why is there only one setup file and even that with limited settings controlled.  Wouldn't it be useful to have a different set of customizable settings for indoor, outdoor, landscape, portrait ..... that could be loaded with a simple menu entry.  At this point you would need to have multiple memory cards each with its own setup bin file for each of these situations.   If I am missing some functionality, please let me know.