Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most memorable shot you made

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dogbytes

Dogbytes

Forum Veteran

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationCornwall

So many that are memorable to me - but this one, from a couple of years ago evokes memories of a very enjoyable job in Azerbaijan. We were up in the mountains and all was green and sunny, then we got up one morning and an overnight blizzard had blanketed the whole area in snow. We couldn't do much, so I just took some pics instead...

Attached Thumbnails

• Fence.jpg

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,521 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

This shot was taken at Ecola State Park in Cannon Beach, Oregon.  These two characters were so entertaining, especially little Miss Pinky, who loved to hamm it up for the camera.

I titled this:  "The future of photography is here."

D70 body with Nikon AF Nikkor 70~210mm Non D Lens.

Thanks so much for viewing.

Tony

Attached Thumbnails

• gallery_6089_8_1116305.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,645 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Let's bump this and see if any new members have something they want to share.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

from nikon D5300 nikon gen 1 70-200mm 1/1250 sec. f/2.8 175mm ISO 4000 and did edit and crop in lightroom. one best photo take so far and on beginner body with no low light sensor.  

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_1717.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,645 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Let's bump this again and see if any new members have something they want to share.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,645 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

please delete post photo low quality 

You have to do that yourself by clicking hide on your post or asking Adam to remove it. I think you can edit it and put something you want to there instead.

krag96

krag96

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,319 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Soldiers Memorial-National Cemetery, Gettysburg

ANpSic0l.jpg

Same photo processed in color

qpjZilRl.jpg

bluzman

bluzman

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth Texas

For most of my life, I was a casual photographer, mostly just shooting family events. When I switched from film to digital, I only used point and shoot cameras.

A few years ago, a neighbor who was a photojournalist, encouraged me to try interchangeable lens cameras. I started with a D5600 and two kit lenses. He and I became the best of friends. We were the same age and found we had many common interests and life experiences. He passed a couple of years ago. I still miss his wry humor and his skill with a camera. I also miss his mentoring when I'd share images like this with him.

jCPn21O.jpg

McCoy

McCoy

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Virginia
On an April snowy day, in Tucker County W.Va., my grandfater passed away. I left his deathbed and was heartbroken. We had photographed the Blackwater Canyon for years and my happiest memories are drving around taking pictures of the wilderness. There was one spot I could never get. I had taken several pictures but was never happy with them from that place. On the sad morning I drove there and took this photo. It seemed as if my grandfather had given me one more time with him as I took this.  
This will always be a special photograph for me. RT+93_DSC_4872cpsmBW.jpg

lightcapture

lightcapture

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNC

Here's one of my all time favorite photos. I saw this elderly homeless lady on the street and snapped two shots before the opportunity disappeared. I inquired about her and she was affectionately know as 'grandma'.

'Years' circa 1988

Years-natural.jpg