Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Which version of Lightroom.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Jimbo Prism

Jimbo Prism

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBolton

Hi, my first post so please be gentle with me.

I came across a great video by Nigel Danson on how to show dust on my sensor and then how to clean it https://www.youtube....JCIyt7aV4AaABAg .

I have a Nikon Z6, Lightroom ver 5 for MacBook Pro and Lightroom app ver 2.0.1 for the iPad Pro.

What I’m after is the version of Lightroom that features in the video.

It needs to support the Z6’s NEF files and have the clone tool that allows you to use the visualise spots slider.

Can any of you great folks here help me out?

Regards

Jim

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

For Z6 raw support, you need Lightroom Classic CC 8.1 or later as ACR 11.1that supports the Z6 was introduced on December 10 2018. The Clone Tool was introduced earlier than that but I am not sure if the visualise spots was there from the beginning or if it came later. As to whether LRCC can do this, I can't help you as I stayed with Classic in the split.

I should add that LR isn't my primary raw converter or DAM anymore as I use Nikon's own converter for Nikon raw files and Photo Mechanic for DAM.

Jimbo Prism

Jimbo Prism

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBolton

I ended up finding the clone/visualise spots in Lr 5.

I downloaded and installed ACR 13, but I can’t find the installed program anywhere and it doesn’t seem to have changed anything in Lr.

I will take a look at Lr classic cc 8.1 or whatever the current version is.

Many thanks

Jim

Lisa07

Lisa07

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

For Z6 raw support, you need Lightroom Classic CC 8.1 or later as ACR 11.1that supports the Z6 was introduced on December 10 2018. The Clone Tool was introduced earlier than that but I am not sure if the visualise spots was there from the beginning or if it came later. As to whether LRCC can do this, I can't help you as I stayed with Classic in the split.

I should add that LR isn't my primary raw converter or DAM anymore as I use Nikon's own converter for Nikon raw files and Photo Mechanic for DAM.

Can you please explain a little more about Nikon’s own converter ?

Jimbo Prism

Jimbo Prism

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBolton

Sorted, I subscribed to Lightroom cc and it comes, along with photoshop and more, with light room classic and that does everything I need (upto now ).

Regards

Jim

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Can you please explain a little more about Nikon’s own converter ?

What I use is Nikon Capture NX-D, which can be downloaded for free from Nikon’s support site.