Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5000 freezes / locks up

d5000 freeze lock up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

kaarigar

kaarigar

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

My 10 years old Nikon D5000 freezes up randomly for no reason - at least I couldn't find what makes it to freeze. When it freezes, the live view display gets garbled up with vertical lines, and not buttons including shutter release has any effect. Only way to exit from the freeze up is to turn the camera off and then back on again. This is very frustrating. I have attached the image that shows how the live view display looks when it freezes up.

The camera has the latest firmware. I have tried resetting the camera - but that hasn't helped. I have tried with supported memory card and without any memory card - but even then the camera freezes up. I will really appreciate if someone can throw some light on why this could be happening or if there's a way to somehow fix this issue. Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

• Nikon-Problem.jpg

arteegirl

arteegirl

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi,

My Nikon D5000 also has the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

kaarigar

kaarigar

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi,

My Nikon D5000 also has the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

No, I could not. I inquired around for repairing it and almost all of them were of the opinion that the one could buy a same model or a better used Nikon DSLR for the amount one would spend on repairing it. And I tend to agree with it! In any case, I am planning on opening it up and check the ribbon cable connections inside and see if that helps.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d5000, freeze, lock up