Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Studio Lesson — Product Photography

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Black%20Helmet%201287.jpg

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I enjoy seeing your "studio lessons." You do beautiful work. However, I think they would be more informative if you included a bit of information about the setup you used to get the photo. Not everyone can look at the image and discern what techniques you employed to produce it. I know that I've personally scratched my head on occasion and wondered, how did he do that?

--Ron

P.S. I think that including, at the least, the camera settings used to produce a photo would be a good practice for all of us to get into when posting photos. I realize that, depending on the file type used, much info can be obtained by checking a photo's Exif data. but I still think it's a good idea to post the info with the photo.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

I enjoy seeing your "studio lessons." You do beautiful work. However, I think they would be more informative if you included a bit of information about the setup you used to get the photo. Not everyone can look at the image and discern what techniques you employed to produce it. I know that I've personally scratched my head on occasion and wondered, how did he do that?

--Ron

P.S. I think that including, at the least, the camera settings used to produce a photo would be a good practice for all of us to get into when posting photos. I realize that, depending on the file type used, much info can be obtained by checking a photo's Exif data. but I still think it's a good idea to post the info with the photo.

information about the setup you used
D3X + 85 PC ( not to flatten the subject too much ) and
4x ProPhoto heads and modifiers.

camera settings
1/200s, ƒ8, Auto WB, 100 ISO with colour checker

the file type
RAW.

The aim was for them to learn to work blacks on black and
control specular highlights without polariser.

• Ron likes this